Small business offices can feel tired and uninspired.
Home business and remote employees may not have well defined work spaces that inspire productivity.
So why not take a little time to update your work space or the office in general to refresh it and inspire a mental reset.
Studies show that people are more productive in well lit, organized and pleasing spaces. People are also more productive when they take sufficient breaks. Encourage productivity and enjoyment in your office with our list of easy updates.
Easy Office Improvement Suggestions
Visuals: Update the appearance of your personal workspace with:
- new art
- new plants
- new mouse pad
- new desktop decor such as family photos, motivational pieces or colourful accents
- Replace your aging, less than ideal keyboard, mouse or monitor
- Install a screen dimmer to reduce glare such as Hackervision plugin for Google Chrome
- Buy a new ergonomic chair, foot rest or floor mat
- Change your passwords
- Enable lock screen time out on all your devices
- Test your backup to ensure it is working properly
- Buy a UPS for your computer to protect it from power surges during storms
- Set up 2 factor authentication for all your cloud accounts (or for your entire team)
- Consider a network security audit for your business
- Upgrade your software or switch to based cloud services
- Scan, file or shred any lingering documents to clear your work space
- Restock your favourite coffee or tea in the office
- Stock some healthy, high protein snacks to keep your brain well fed (we like nuts or trail mix)
- Post a motivational and team messaging board in the break room where people can contribute with their own ideas and responses to foster camaraderie and positive relationships
Any Day Can Be Improve Your Office Day
Any day is a great day to improve your office and work space, so if you missed Improve Your Office Day, you can make your improvements today. If you’re already on it, inspire someone else by sharing this post!Tired and uninspired offices can decrease productivity. Here are easy tips to improve your office space. Click To Tweet
Need Computer Services in Toronto?
Would you like help improving your technology? We are TUCU tech u can use, and we help busy people and small teams in Toronto & the GTA with computer support, cloud services and more. We can help you fix any computer issues.