Android Phone Encryption Instructions
For Android, the device can encrypt accounts, settings and apps. The steps to perform Android encryption are:
- Open Settings on your Android Device
- Scroll down to the ‘Personal’ section and select Security
- There you will see the section ‘Encryption’, select Encrypt phone
- With your device fully charged and plugged into the charger you can then encrypt your phone by selecting the Encrypt Phone button at the bottom.
iOS Phone Encryption Instructions
For iOS users encryption is a bit simpler as Apple follows the path of Passcode data protection. To do this users must:
- Tap on the Settings App
- Then scroll down to General and select Passcode
- Follow the instructions to create a passcode
- After doing so, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and verify ‘Data protection is enabled’ is present.
We hope these smartphone encryption instructions were helpful for you.
Tech Support in Toronto
Would you like tech support services in Toronto? Hundreds of small business and nonprofit teams rely on us, and you can too. We are TUCU tech u can use, and we would like to help you with your computer needs.