Protection From Malware
Cybercrime Group Combines 3 Threats Into A Dangerous Malware Cocktail
While the RCMP is putting together a special task force to tackle rapidly growing cybercrime, you’re online everyday, and you need tips to stay safe. A group of cybercriminals have taken 3 very powerful and effective malware tools and packaged them to work together as a campaign designed to defraud you.
PC World is calling this a “dangerous malware cocktail”.
Details on how this 3 pronged campaign works to defraud you in the article published by PC world here.
5 Steps To Protect Yourself From This Dangerous Malware Cocktail
- Only use the Google Chrome web browser https://tools.google.
- Install uBlock Origin ad-blocker.
- Change your internet connection DNS servers to Google or openDNS;
- 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 for Google
- or 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 for openDNS.
- These DNS servers actively filter out know malicious web servers.
- Install a quality Anti-Virus like Bitdefender or ESET NOD32.
- Configure offsite (online) backup with revision control. Revision control means that you can go back to previous versions of a file.
We hope this is helpful to you.
Visit us often for more tips, or follow us on social media for regular content. While you’re here, check out or post on tips to avoid being hacked in 2016.
If you would like customized network security recommendations or IT support in Toronto, please contact us today. We are TUCU, an IT Support company serving small teams of up to 20 people.