Network Security Overhaul For A Toronto Market Research Co
This marketing research firm required network security improvements in order to bid for a job from a large vendor. TUCU helped them meet all information security requirements quickly, which allowed them to bid on and win the contract.
- No user control - all team members could access all data
- No user authentication - anyone could log on to the network
- No security when working remotely or on mobile devices
- No network management - the vendor required that trained IT technicians manage the network and perform frequent scans and updates
- Implement Windows Server with ADFS linked to Office 365 for Exchange, MDM and Azure AD
- Windows Server provides secure verified access to local resources within the LAN. Coupled with ADFS and Azure AD to extend that security to their cloud resources. Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is Microsoft’s multi-tenant, cloud-based directory and identity management service. Azure AD combines core directory services, advanced identity governance, and application access management.
- Mobile Data Management Policy implemented, along with remote wipe capabilities in the event of a lost or stolen device, the company owned data is also stored and accessed separately from the employee's personal data. Company data cannot be accessed from a non-domain joined device. And only domain joined devices are permitted access to the LAN via 802.11x
- Managed IT Services provide the team with Virtual CIO services to consult as needed + proactive network management and updates + unlimited computer support for the team
1〉 Data security
2〉 Won lucrative contract
3〉 Established to win future profitable bids from vendors who have information security requirement clauses
4〉 Ongoing IT planning and support for the entire company
One month consulting, planning, purchasing time and 3 weeks implementation time. Ongoing Managed IT Services to fulfill vendor requirements for network security.
"Effective and reliable I.T. solutions can be both time consuming and costly, but TUCU reach all operating targets within a specified pre-determined budget, quickly and kindly. TUCU and in particular, Adam Thorn, held themselves to extremely high standards of customer service! It really was a “one-stop network shop” that resulted in customer convenience, was fulsome and cost effective."
- Ella B.